- What is ILLiad?
- How is ILLiad better than traditional ILL systems?
- Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
- What if I forget my password?
- What Web browser should I use?
- How can I protect the security of my ILLiad account?
- What is Electronic Delivery?
- Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
- Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
What is ILLiad?
ILLiad is the system you use to request articles for digital document delivery. Print books not available from MOBIUS Libraries are also requested using ILLiad.
How is ILLiad different than ILL systems?
- With ILLiad, you enter your name, address, and other personal information into the system only once, at the time of your first request.
- Your request will be handled more rapidly and accurately as problems relating to misinterpretation of hand-written requests are eliminated.
- You can get your articles more quickly through electronic delivery.
- You can get information about the status of your request through the Web at any time from any location without having to call us.
- Library personnel are able to serve you better because all data about your request and its handling is stored in a searchable database. We are able to respond quickly to your inquiries about your request. We are also able to gather statistical information about the performance of the libraries that lend to us, enabling us to make better decisions when choosing a lender to supply an item.
Why do I need a username and password to use ILLiad?
Your username and password allows us to give you secure access to information about your requests. You will also be able to edit your personal information such as your address or phone number.
Your username can be anything you like, such as your name, abbreviations, or an alphanumeric code. Your password also can be anything you like. We recommend that you follow good security practice and choose a password that is different from those you use to access other systems. However, no one but you will know your password, not even the library staff. The password you set is stored in an encrypted file.
What if I forget my password?
The latest release of ILLiad includes a self-service option for resetting passwords:
What Web browser should I use?
We recommend the current versions of either Microsoft Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox.
How can I protect the security of my ILLiad account?
- When using a public access workstation:
- Delete from the history file those pages that contain your personal information.
- Exit from the Web browser before you leave the workstation. This prevents the Back button from accessing the pages you were using.
What is electronic delivery?
Many libraries send copies of articles to us in electronic format. In the past we printed these articles before delivering them to you. Now, through ILLiad, we are able to provide electronic delivery of these articles in PDF format (Adobe's Portable Document Format).
Whom do I contact if I have problems with or questions about ILLiad?
The Document Delivery Unit, located in the SLU Medical Center Library, will help you solve problems and answer questions. You may stop by in person, call 314-977-8805, or send e-mail.
Document Delivery office hours are Monday - Friday; 8:00am - 5:30 p.m.
If you need after-hours assistance with basic questions, you may contact the MCL Reference Department at 314-977-8801. is handled by Document Delivery staff during regular business hours.
Why does my browser say that you're sending a cookie? What's in it?
The technology that we use sends a Session ID to be stored on your machine. You can refuse this cookie and still be able to use ILLiad without any problems.